Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Place Poe Spoke Of

I have ridden, so boldly ridden
for a place far off and hidden
heeding the message from a shadow
to the search the world high and low

For too often I hear this shadow
boasting of a dream called El Dorado
A golden world of beauty and wonder
I travel as rain to a call of thunder

I endure hardship and tangled emotion
longing for El Dorado with pure devotion
I doubt the shadow and ponder a lie
eyes housed in stone but tempted to cry

But an angels' voice sings to me a song
telling me the shadow was never wrong
the angels' sweet song continues to say
search onward each night and dreary day

I have heard El Dorado and tis no place
but an angels' voice that I cannot trace
So I will quest for her voice into each night
with heart of a warrior poet and gallant knight

No comments: