Thursday, June 19, 2008

Welcome to the "Quill 'n Pint"

Life has granted me enough luck to travel the world, mostly as a journeyman rugby player and quite a bit as an American finding the burning passion behind his Irish roots. One thing remains constant, I have found, is that there is an Irish Pub in every corner of the world. Part of my travel itinerary has been to get off the plane, find a cab and ask to be taken to the nearest Irish Pub. In Buenos Aires it was the Shamrock, etc. etc. My teammates and fellow travelers always know that I would make the Irish Pub nearest the hotel my temporary H.Q., with most adventures setting forth from and most returning to. It has never worked out unfavorably. So often I thought of what I might call my own Irish Pub, no matter what country it may be housed... so please welcome the "Quill 'n Pint" a warm place where you'll be greeted as a friend and always find something interesting to read. If you don't find it interesting... order a pint!

No comments: